Mrs. Shaw will give you a special certificate in the Fall for completing the Summer Reading Program at the public library. When you have completed your reading, please send Mrs. Shaw an email at email@example.com and tell her what your favorite book was that you read during the summer.
Summer Reading Fun!!!
Looking for some great Summer Reading? Head to the Contra Costa Public Libraries and participate in their free Summer Reading Program! Read books and earn prizes! You might want to check out these YouTube Book Trailers for some ideas. The first books are great for younger readers, while the last ones are best for older readers.
Zero the Hero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjj7l2t5_Kc
Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NBbYe1vEhQ
The Hidden Alphabet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My6ECFUqeP0
Pete the Cat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUubMSfIs-U
It’s a Dog’s Life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VFljuPMfJ8
Goodnight iPad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouOwpYQqic
Dog’s Don’t Brush their Teeth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzyJDLKWycw
Abe Lincoln’s Dream
Lunch Lady http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRE8Zb_yRo
A Nest for Celeste http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrFuTTaTfKY
The One and Only Ivan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPdqV2crQ0
A Whole Nother Story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1UmK256GtE
Library/Catalog Search - Link to our website for library searches. Click Here
Welcome to the Quail Run Library-Media Center!
The library provides students with a wide array of fiction and nonfiction books available for students to checkout during weekly class visits. Our collection supports the elementary curriculum while providing students with reading materials of interest to them. Reference materials are also available for research purposes.
During students' weekly library visits, literature is explored and enjoyed, library and research skills are introduced and reinforced, and books are checked out. Students are introduced to our state-of-the-art web based Destiny library management program. Students can link to the internet via school or home to explore our collection, and link to age appropriate websites.
Quail Run Elementary
Library Media Coordinator
4th and 5th grade holds and reviews
4th and 5th graders may place holds and write reviews of books they've read!
Please read and follow the directions below:
1. You may ONLY place a hold on a book that is CHECKED OUT of the library. When it is returned, Mrs. Shaw will hold it for you until your next library day.
2. To place a hold, go to the library catalog page to log in. Use your student ID number as your log in name. This is your number on your library card. If you don't know it, ask Mrs. Shaw.
3. Your password is your birthdate in the following format (with the dashes): mm/dd/yyyy
4. Once logged in, you can click on a book if it isn't here, and "add hold". You will then be in the queue to receive the book once it is returned to the library. When you check out the next time with your library card, if you have any holds ready, your card will inform Mrs. Shaw and she will give you the book(s).
5. Please don't place any more than 2 holds.
6. Remember if the book isn't checked out, please don't place a hold. You can look for it the next time you are in the library.
You can also write a review for any book you've read that we have in the library. Please follow the below steps to write a review.
1. Log in just as above.
2. Find the book you are writing a review about. Go to "reviews", and "add a review".
3. Write a few sentences about why someone else should read the book. Please don't write any spoilers, but do tell what you liked about the book. You might say, "This book has plenty of action and suspense, and fans of Harry Potter will probably enjoy it", or "This book was extremely funny-- it had me laughing out loud. The characters are believable, and I found myself wondering what would happen next".
4. Rate your book with 1 to 5 stars showing how much you enjoyed it (1 star is the worst, and 5 stars is the best).
5. Sign your review with your initials (not your name) and your grade level at Quail Run. For example: MSQR05 (your initials, followed by QR for Quail Run, followed by 05 for your grade).
6. The review will be forwarded to Mrs. Shaw to review and edit if necessary, and then will be published for anyone in the school district to see.