Quail Run Elementary School Physical Education Program
The aim of our P.E. program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle. This will be accomplished through California's Physical Education Content Standards which focus on a program that promotes physical, mental, emotional and social well being of every individual in the pursuit of lifelong health.
Student Attire & Equipment:
In an effort to provide the best opportunity for student learning and success, parents need to make sure their children dress properly for P.E. First through fifth grade Quail Run students will have P.E. classes weekly. On their P.E. days students should have:
- Tennis shoes with laces tied and socks - NO skateboarder shoes with loose laces allowed.
- Comfortable clothes - if dresses are worn, please be sure shorts are worn underneath.
- Plastic Water Bottle with child's name - this is important because the water fountains are not located near the activity area.
Students need to bring a note from a parent/guardian if they are unable to participate. This note is only valid for two P.E. classes. If more time is needed to heal, a note from a doctor is required. It is our belief that while an injury/illness may prevent a child from doing all activities during P.E. class, there are many activities in which they can still participate. Thus, all notes to the P.E. Teacher should include:
- Child's name and date
- Specific injury or illness
- Specific activities child is not allowed to participate in
- Parent signature and phone number